Men on the engine house roof

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Men on the engine house roof

Unread postby John Hamman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:44 am

I have noticed people climbing to the roof of the engine house a couple of times this morning. Anybody have any idea what they are doing up there?
John
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Men on the engine house roof

Unread postby Rich Murray » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:48 am

John Hamman wrote:I have noticed people climbing to the roof of the engine house a couple of times this morning. Anybody have any idea what they are doing up there?
John

?? They've changed their mind about the movie. Now they're doing 'Fiddler on the roof'?
Rich Murray

Unread postby John Hamman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi Rich,
I had not considered that the movie folks might be on the roof - I had also noticed considerable clouds of smoke (steam?) coming from the other side of the engine house as well. Apparently nobody knows much about this (or cares lol)? I had never seen people up there before and just thought I would ask. Thanks for your creative answer.
John
Last edited by John Hamman on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:10 pm

John Hamman wrote:Hi Rich,
I had not considered that the movie folks might be on the roof - I had also noticed considerable clouds of smoke (steam?) coming for the other side of the engine house as well. Apparently nobody knows much about this (or cares lol)? I had never seen people up there before and just thought I would ask. Thanks for you creative answer.
John

Reviewing video what I had seen of the people on the roof it looked like they were perhaps inspecting the various exhaust pipes up there. When I get home I'll post a video for others to comment on. The steam/smoke you saw in back was likely #15 starting up, as that locomotive was out and about for a short time today.

Hope that helps.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby John Hamman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks Larry, I just have never seen anybody on the roof before - that all makes sense. I missed the 15 - darn!
John
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Here's the video with the guys on the roof. Didn't seem to be movie people, looks like workers. A couple minutes in they seem to lift something metal and drop it, cover of some kind. Towards the end you'll see the smoke from #15 starting -- I don't think they ever came down near the tipple, they were in the South yard primarily. I'll double check when I can on that.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby John Hamman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Larry,
Hey thanks!! Hope everything is ok with the engine house. It does look like diesel smoke now that I can take another look.
thanks again,
John
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Return to Web Cameras