Oct 20th: 2013 Final Day Cam videos

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Oct 20th: 2013 Final Day Cam videos

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:50 am

The final day of the 2013 season is here, and on a Sunday morning at about 8:20AM local, engine 489 seemed a bit reluctant to get out of bed. Finally a good belch of smoke, and off to the ash pit.

Also of note this morning, 488 pulled 463 to the ash pit, and then pushed back into the engine house -- assuming for the winter, have that move also if anyone interested.

Once again, click on the picture and it will take you to the video of 489 startup today.

Last edited by Larry Sullivan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Re: Oct 20th morning yard activities

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 am

Uploading the video of today's departure now, so will post shortly. Just want to take a moment to say thanks to all that contribute to this site, I won't name names as I'll forget someone, but all the photos, screencaps and descriptions of what happens in the yard is very appreciated when you can't be watching these cams 24/7. The photos and videos of trains moving along the route are fantastic. While 2014 won't give me the opportunity to visit Chama, I'm already planning a trip in 2015 - hopefully to include a week that I can help in one of the work sessions.

Earlier this year, before joining the friends, I had read a review someplace - probably on TripAdvisor or such a site, someone had written that the C&T was just like Amtrak, always running late. Well, it's amazing to me that these trains run at all, never mind that for about 5 months, never missing a trip, and while perhaps a little late, I mean why go to Chama at all if you want to rush rush!! I have no idea what it takes to run a railroad like this, certainly a lot of work by a lot of good people -- very impressive, and a job well done by all!!

And with that - here's today's departure. I'll try to get the return this afternoon, but not sure I'll be around.

Last edited by Larry Sullivan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Larry Gibson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks Larry!!! These videos are great. Will give us something to tide us through the long night coming.

Second your thoughts on all that goes into making the railroad a national treasure!!!!!

Larry
Larry Gibson- "WYE I might HARP at you? It is only to SPUR you on!!!!!"
Larry Gibson
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks Larry! I may have a few more from over the summer I can post at some point, to tide us over until 2014!

Final two videos from this morning -- 488 putting an almost cold 463 in the engine house.

Last edited by Larry Sullivan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby John Hamman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks Larry,

I made my first trip to Chama and rode the C&T first time this summer. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on all of this.
And thanks for these posts - I was away this morning and would hate to have missed this last day of the season!

John
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm

To complete the day, the arrival of 215 into Chama, final train of the season.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Web Cameras