New depot webcam

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

New depot webcam

Unread postby Pete Stagg » Fri May 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Wow! This is great! Love the improved view from the south comera as well. Wonder if the RR would be ok with us pruning a few trees so we can get a better view of the south end of the engine house?
Pete
Pete Stagg
Brakeman
Brakeman

Re: New depot webcam

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:
Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Farol Henkle » Fri May 22, 2015 4:59 pm

WOW! My Cumbres & Toltec engineer hat is off to you Jason and crew! Great Job........HooRah!
Farol Henkle
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Fri May 22, 2015 7:49 pm

The new depot cam gives a nice view at night and, man, the frogs are out in force tonight.
Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Ronald Lewis » Sat May 23, 2015 12:11 am

It is 1:00 a.m., cannot sleep. Great surprise, the new depot cam... Really liking it.. I will be up at dawn for opening day. Tonight, lots of lightning in the east horizon.
Ron
Ronald Lewis
Brakeman
Brakeman

Unread postby Mike Maguire » Sat May 23, 2015 5:29 am

Here in the UK, I'm seven hours ahead of Chama so I miss the afternoon fun. Great surprise then to find yet another camera this dawn. You guys are just amazing.
Mike Maguire
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Sharon Evans » Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 am

Is it my eyes or is the new depot camera a little blurry.
Sharon Evans
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Ronald Lewis » Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Jason; You and all the folks working on the web cams are to be congratulated. I really like the new depot cam and the wider angle on the engine house cam.... Thanks for all that you do.
Ron Lewis
Ronald Lewis
Brakeman
Brakeman

Unread postby John Cole » Mon May 25, 2015 5:26 am

Hey guys and gals a little fyi, Jason spent the only time he will probably be out this summer to the CATS installing and setting up the new web cam and working on the other two for all of you to enjoy. PLEASE REMEMBER THE TIP JAR on regular occasions to show your thanks and help in making them possible. :smiley24:
John Cole
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Rich Murray » Mon May 25, 2015 7:37 am

John Cole wrote:Hey guys and gals a little fyi, Jason spent the only time he will probably be out this summer to the CATS installing and setting up the new web cam and working on the other two for all of you to enjoy. PLEASE REMEMBER THE TIP JAR on regular occasions to show your thanks and help in making them possible. :smiley24:

What John said!
Right now the equipment is fairly new but, sooner or later things are going to start wearing down.
Please when you can, donate what you can, so that we may be able to maintain or upgrade when needed.
Thank you
Rich Murray

Unread postby Farol Henkle » Mon May 25, 2015 7:59 am

Everything's steaming in the yard this Morning, including the depot's roof! Saw that from the depot's web cam.
Farol Henkle
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Mark Sigmon » Wed May 27, 2015 9:10 am

Love the new angle on the south facing camera. Appreciate all the time and work that goes into the cameras since I can't be there.
Is it me or is the color off - magenta - on the engine house cam?
Mark Sigmon
Brakeman
Brakeman

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 am

Mark Sigmon wrote:Love the new angle on the south facing camera. Appreciate all the time and work that goes into the cameras since I can't be there.

Hi Mark - thanks for the comments. As the lighting changes throughout the day, these cameras can seem to be off color or strange hues at times, that has been normal. That being said, I too have noted that the South cam seems more off than usual the last few days. Perhaps there is an adjustment that can be made to improve it, but I don't think that can happen until Jason gets back home after his work trip.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby David Boyer » Wed May 27, 2015 11:03 am

Mark Sigmon wrote:Love the new angle on the south facing camera. Appreciate all the time and work that goes into the cameras since I can't be there.

I agree completely, having three web cams to view is great!

Regarding Mark's color remark, indeed the south camera color was magenta this morning though it does exhibit a color change during the day. Is it a new camera or just a reposition of the original one?

Also, the image on the depot camera is not as bright as those on the tipple; it appears too dark in my opinion.

(BTW, my contribution to the tip jar was made during the winter.)
David Boyer
Brakeman
Brakeman

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 pm

David Boyer wrote:

I agree completely, having three web cams to view is great!

Regarding Mark's color remark, indeed the south camera color was magenta this morning though it does exhibit a color change during the day. Is it a new camera or just a reposition of the original one?

Also, the image on the depot camera is not as bright as those on the tipple; it appears too dark in my opinion.

(BTW, my contribution to the tip jar was made during the winter.)

Hi David - just to clarify for you, the South cam is not new or been repositioned, the camera is the same and in the same spot it's been in, the view was just widened - not zoomed in as much as before.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Web Cameras