215 short and tardy

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

215 short and tardy

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:14 pm

This afternoon, train 215 pulled into Chama at 4:15, a little late but generally better than Amtrak. There were only six cars on the train this afternoon, one less coach than usual. It seems that #'s 484 and 487 have been the workhorses this week, with #488 sitting cold out in front of the engine house and #489 apparently resting elsewhere. #463 has been hot since the F/E school and occasionally used for a minor chore. I expect that the 488 and 489 are saving their days to be used during the fall color rush and on the Chama Steam specials. Still very much enjoying the resurrected webcams! :smile:
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 215 short and tardy

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Double-header tomorrow? After turning today's inbound consist, #487 went down into the yard and pulled out 4 coaches. Two of them were tacked onto the head end of today's 6-car train, and the other two were dropped on the main just east of the crossing by the depot. If they all go out tomorrow, that will call for some help from #463 to get a 10-car train up the hill. :grin:
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 215 short and tardy

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:57 pm

I'll add this in here, rather than have a whole new thread for one video. Got on for a bit this afternoon just in time to see #487 setting up the consist for tomorrow, seems they have 8 cars ready to go - if my count is right, hard to tell with the distant shot. Edwin - 489 was used to on Tuesday's train, so guessing still in Antonito (in answer to your "resting elsewhere" comment). I kind of wonder if we'll get a doubleheader one day soon - perhaps taking the 3 empty flats back. Edit: I'll go with Edwin's 10 count of cars, as he was watching the whole time.

As to the video - 487 pulling out a couple extra cars from the yard, and setting up for tomorrow. Near the end a little look at the North cam with a herd of deer wandering in the yard and grazing by the coaling station.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Return to Web Cameras