Tech Report

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Tech Report

Unread postby Steve Forney » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:17 am

I looked at the camera network yesterday (19 July). My primary suspect for the current failure is a bad CAT5 cable. Also, I feel that grounding needs improvement. I did not have tools, material or time to replace the cable. Permanent repairs are scheduled for early August, as volunteers come available. As a good note, superficial examination did not indicate a node failure. Donations for spares/expansion are welcome.
Steve Forney
Steve Forney
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Tech Report

Unread postby Jason Rose » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:25 am

Thank you, Steve. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Jason Rose
<><
Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training
RioGrandeExplorations.net
Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - Sgt Stryker USMC
“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC
Jason Rose

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:53 am

Thank you for the update Steve. The time and effort taken by all who are/will be involved in the eventual repair is greatly appreciated. I for one will try to add a little more to the usual donation near the end of the month. Will look forward to August, which isn't that far away.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby TimDavis » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:56 am

Thanks for all of your efforts to everyone involved. As far as I've discovered, the Friends cameras in Chama offer the best viewing of any railroad related webcams anywhere. Minor glitches now and then are nothing compared to the enjoyment we all get from watching the workings of the yard and the daily departures and arrivals.

Thanks again to all who make this happen.
TimDavis

Unread postby johntmayo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you so much for your efforts. I am greatly disappointed only in the fact that one of my best friends and his wife will be riding the train tomorrow, July 22. I told them about the cameras and asked to ride the open gondola and wave frantically as the pass the coaling tower, and I would do some screen grabs so that they could have a unique souvenir of their trip. I have really enjoyed looking at the web cameras in the past and will continue to watch in the future. I do check every day and have become quite accustomed to the daily routine in Chama. Thank you again for all your efforts.
John
johntmayo

Return to Web Cameras