Three hot this morning?

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Three hot this morning?

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Fri May 30, 2014 6:10 am

As of 7:00AM, there's one locomotive in front of engine house stall 2, one out back on track 1, and smoke coming out of the engine house stack over track 2, as well as smoke continuously swirling inside visible through the open door for stall 1. May be an interesting morning :smile: .
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Three hot this morning?

Unread postby Bruce McDowell » Fri May 30, 2014 6:15 am

I'd be interested to know what's been up with the loco in the engine house on track two. It has been under steam, but they've been rolling it out a few dozen yards, then back inside. Next day, same thing. Yesterday, inside all day. Today, more smoke from the exhaust stack than earlier in the week. Perhaps a repair issue is closer to resolution?
Bruce McDowell
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Three hot this morning?

Unread postby John Hamman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Bruce McDowell wrote:I'd be interested to know what's been up with the loco in the engine house on track two. It has been under steam, but they've been rolling it out a few dozen yards, then back inside. Next day, same thing. Yesterday, inside all day. Today, more smoke from the exhaust stack than earlier in the week. Perhaps a repair issue is closer to resolution?

Hi Bruce,
I have not heard that anything is wrong. I have observed that the 484 has not been in the rotation over the past several days. It was offline last year. But I think it has been fully overhauled. It has made at least one round trip recently. Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable of Chama operations can fill us in.
John
John Hamman
Engineer
Engineer

Return to Web Cameras