The gons

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

The gons

Unread postby Rich Murray » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 am

Somebody stole the gons!! :eek: And the Rogers!
Rich Murray

Re: The gons

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 am

... And the flatcars that were parked down near the water tower are gone, too! Strange things happening in the night :eek:
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby Tom Casper » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:29 am

Holy Crap! Those gons are the coal tipple gons! So used to them, I missed it in my first view. Must be a new load of coaL IS DUE! :mrgreen:

Tom C.
Later:
tom at srclry dot com
A student of the Southend RGS!
Tom Casper
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby robertmroman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 am

I don't know what became of Mr. Roger; he's possibly in the swamp. The gons are at the far North end of the yard on one of the oil rack tracks. The morning power, 487 I think?, did the honors, using the flat cars as idlers. Possibly they didn't trust the locomotive that far up the ramp; the track looks a tad fragile to this uninformed eye. The flat cars were then stashed behind the rotary plow, I think, or somewhere in that vicinity. 15 just came out and finished the box car move. That string of cars is now parked on the far west track, south of the station. Quite an extensive rearranging of the furniture, I'd say. Anything to do with restoring the roundhouse?

be well,
bob roman
robertmroman

Unread postby Rich Murray » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Bob, The roundhouse is still in the planning stages. If anything I think the moves were done to free up a track next to the roundhouse to be used as a ready track, to position the Friends cars to a storage area now that the work session season is over and to place some of the rolling stock where it will be readily available to be used for future charters
Rich Murray

Return to Web Cameras