Heavy traffic in the yard this evening

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

Heavy traffic in the yard this evening

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:52 pm

There are two complete sets of passenger cars in the yard (not counting the "Thomas" set). The regular Sunday train ran with two rider gons today. The special that left late yesterday afternoon returned today as well. All three of the operable K-36's are visible. I suspect that one train will be returning to Antonito tonight on the "Moonlight Extra". #487 is taking on coal at 5:50 PM. Have no idea what yesterday's/today's special train was, but it looked pretty full when it left town yesterday.
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Heavy traffic in the yard this evening

Unread postby Larry Sullivan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:58 pm

The train this evening I believe is the return of the Geology train that ran today, saw a post somewhere, which I currently can't find, making note of a return run this evening to Antonito, with bus transport back to Chama. I can't remember what yesterday's train was. Either way it's been an interesting weekend watching the cameras as I could, seems something was always happening with the Thomas trains, and the specials. Kind of gives a feel of what things must have been like back in the day the railroad was running full time operations.
Larry Sullivan
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Tim Tennant » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:33 am

Edwin and Larry, you may be refering to the Friends Moonlight & Wine Tasting Train that departed at 5:30pm on Saturday. We returned at 12:15am Sunday morning. We had approximately 150 onboard and had a great prime rib and cod meal at Osier. There was a super moon out so the ride back was fantastic! Thanks for the notes guys.
Tim Tennant
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby John Cole » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 am

My wife and I took one of the moonlight train rides, and the experience was fantastic. The railroad is very different at night than it is in daylight and having the moon chasing you down the tracks, the glow of the fire box reflected on the steam, and shadows in the moonlight is something to be experienced.

And oh, the food at dinner is great too!
John Cole
Conductor
Conductor

Unread postby Wayne Hoskin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:09 pm

It was a busy yard in the afternoon, I too thought of Chama in it's boom times, I was glued to the lap top and didn't get any work done outside. Did anybody else see the man waving at the camera and then give a "pants up moon"? it was hilarious, well I thought so! And all of this from the other side of the world in real time, I can not thank you guys enough for fitting these camera's, for those of us that can't get there they are great, and yep, a donation is coming your way.
Any time frame on fitting the external mike? that noisy fan always comes on when an engine is going past (well it seems like that LOL).

Wayne
Wayne Hoskin
Head Brakeman
Head Brakeman

Return to Web Cameras