spare tender

Tell us what interesting thing you saw on the web-cams.

spare tender

Unread postby robertmroman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 pm

At about 18:15, today's power pulled a spare tender (didn't catch the number) through the engine house. Don't know where it picked it up; I wasn't tuned in but possibly it was parked in the swamp. Right now, the engine and the extra tender are out south of the engine house, not visible but for a plume of smoke and steam.

Maybe someone's going to get hooked up?

be well,
bob roman
robertmroman

Re: spare tender

Unread postby Edwin Frey » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:51 am

One can only speculate, without any "intel" reporting in, that what we saw may be the tender for 484. I notice that 484 has been pushed further toward the front of its stall. The smokebox front and headlight are visible now.
Mr. Ed
Avid fan of the C&TSRR, garden railroader, general gofer.
Definitely narrow (gauge) minded.
Edwin Frey
Engineer
Engineer

Unread postby JohnHamman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Where is the tender for the 463? I can't tell from the cam if it is back on or not. Might it be the one?
JohnHamman

Unread postby robertmroman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:20 pm

The other two possibilities are:

3) I understand C&T is getting a visiting locomotive, 315, Real Soon Now. Possibly it's being delivered in two parts.

4) I mistook what I saw. But "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

On my old Mac G4 at home, the older software I'm running won't expand the screen to full size, so I can't see whether 463 has its tender or not either. It's a bad angle in any case. I did spend some time noodling around to see if there are some recent engine house photos posted on the web but the only one I found is indistinct. As I recall the scene, the tender was facing engine side south. 484 occurred to me as well, but we'll just have to wait and see.

be well,
bob roman
robertmroman

Unread postby Rich Murray » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:29 pm

463's tender had some bearing problems according to a post about a week or so ago. Day to day operations being the priority, I can see where repairs on the tender could take longer than you might expect.
Rich Murray

Unread postby robertmroman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Looks like a visiting locomotive was delivered this evening, sans tender, so maybe it was possibility #3.

SMALL engine, too. It's in the old roundhouse now.

be well,
bob roman
robertmroman

Return to Web Cameras