Web Cam Donations

Get the latest news here. Forum Instructions/Tips are also here.

Web Cam Donations

Unread postby Tim Tennant » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 am

We want to thank those who have responded with their generosity as we have seen an outpouring of donations come in towards repair of the web cams. A little over $2,400 has been received. A modular surge protector has been ordered and is being programmed and then will be shipped to Chama. The cost of this part was approximately $2,500. Our volunteers are mobilizing to install this part early next week. We had originally thought this all might have happened this week but is indeed now scheduled for next week. Thank you all for your patience and again especially to those who have made monetary contributions.
Tim Tennant
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Web Cam Donations

Unread postby Allan Kirkpatrick » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 am

Thank you for the update.
I'm sure all of us are hoping that there aren't more problems to be addressed.
We all have become addicted to having these cams to help us with our RR fix.
Allan Kirkpatrick
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Web Cam Donations

Unread postby Robert Williams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 am

Some of us sent in small donations. Others probably sent in larger gifts. I hope those who have not contributed--yet--will feel an urge to share in this effort. The surge suppressor will doubtless help, but there will be always be on-going costs. Having a few hundred dollars in reserve would make it far easier to keep the cameras up and running.

I appreciate those volunteers who make this operation possible. Many others doubtless join me in saying a very sincere "Thank you!" to those whose generosity with their time and expertise allow the rest of use to enjoy watching the Chama yards.

Bob
Robert Williams
Brakeman
Brakeman

Return to NEWS & Updates